Tuesday 16 February 2021

The Doors

When we moved in at Ellesmere, both upstairs bedrooms had non-descript, cream-coloured doors.



They needed to be changed to a more traditional, farm-house style of door.

I made Viv's bedroom door from an old, restored barn shutter. I used the hardware (hinges and handles) from the previous door and attached three lovely iron strip-hinges as decoration.






With our bedroom, I constructed the door out of boards of Douglas Fir and used the existing hardware. I added, as with Viv's door, iron strip-hinges which I had removed from a barn shutter and cleaned. 




An inside view ...




I'm really happy that the upstairs doors are now like all the other doors and reflect the character of the house.




7 comments:

  1. Wow! Tony. You're not only skilled but an artist as well. What a difference.
    Profitez-vous du confinement pour travailler votre français et impressionner le professeur quand les leçons reprendront?
    I told you I would comment in French, didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chm, non, malheuresement j'ai tout oublié!

      Delete
    2. Well, you didn't forget to answer in perfect French. There is hope for you my friend. I'm sure you know more than you think you do.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks Kerrie ... it's a tense moment when you come to hang the door.

      Delete
    2. I hope somebody helped you. That is not an easy task. I'm sure you feel rewarded when it's done.

      Delete
    3. Dear chm, yes Cliona helped and calmed me when I stressed!

      Delete