Thursday 3 August 2017

Bazas


This is a very pretty town about 40 minutes drive south-east of Bordeaux.



It's got a famous 13th century cathedral.




Bazas is renowned for a breed of beef cattle.





It is rare to see these advertising murals painted on walls. Most have faded away ...




We were a long way from Queensland's Sunshine Coast ... but there it was!




We were visiting Bazas after viewing a house near the village of Mazères. The house was disappointing but Chateau de Roquetaillade, the nearby castle wasn't.

this is what I always imagined a medieval castle would look like


complete with moat and drawbridges

and a portcullis

 We explored the grounds and I was thrilled to make this discovery.



A thirteenth century Citroen 2CV.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back on business. Les joyeusetés de l'électronique!

    The Deuche was, and in some cases still is, a marvelous car.

    Keep kooking, you'll find the house of your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony, I just spent an hour reading your posts since June 1. It's very interesting. Thanks. See my comment about your time zone settings on your June 1 post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ken. I have now adjusted the time settings to GMT+1.

      Delete
    2. As I told Ken, I had no idea the time zone was also to be set in Blogger!

      Delete
  4. Been there, and there ! Talking with the boucher at Bazas was how we learned that the french differentiate between the meat of a cow (vache) and the meat of a bull(boeuf) when buying. To us it's just meat but to them there is a vast difference. Also had lunch at the australian restaurant, but that was years ago so I'm surprised it's still there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, so the Noosa cafe is run by Aussies??!! Shit! If I'd known that I would've gone in, I just thought it was a quirk of spelling!!

      Delete