Tuesday 7 February 2017

Prefecture appointment for a Carte de Sejours

My first three months in France will soon be up, so I must now apply for a long-stay visa.

The rendezvous has been made. The dye is cast.

Next Tuesday, the 14th, Cliona and I will drive down to Agen for our 11am appointment with officials from immigration and nationality.

We will take a swag of documents with us.

Through our "fixer", we have secured court-approved translations of all certificates.

We will show an EDF (electricity) bill to demonstrate residency.

We must prove financial viability and health insurance cover.

They will want to see last year's air tickets and passport entry stamps.

I need four passport photos and photocopies of everything.

That's a lot of paperwork .... but like Baldric, I have a cunning plan.

If things get too serious, I will do what 10cc did in Jamaica.

I will sing ...

"I don't like foie gras, I love it.
"I don't like Citroens, I love them.
"Don't like the Lot et Garonne, I love it."

If that fails to impress, plan B will be to dress in a white trenchcoat, with hat and false moustache and say, with all the authority I can muster ...

"I am Inspector Clousseau of the Surete, so don't try to be furney weeth me Monsieur."



1 comment:

  1. Just remember to do it all in french and they'll just think you are crazy, not necessarily a reason to reject you. Bonne chance avec ça.

    ReplyDelete